About The EPIC Cup: Started in 2016 and growing to 186 teams by 2018, The EPIC Cup sets a new standard for youth soccer tournaments. Participants compete for the chance for their team to hoist the #LargestTrophyKnownToMankind that stands over 4′ tall and weighs 52 lbs. The tournament is held annually at Oxford Community Park, home to the best grass fields in the Midwest and just a mile down the road from Miami University and downtown Oxford.
Dates: Girls May 3-5, 2019 & Boys May 10-12, 2019
Location: Oxford Community Park, 6801 Fairfield Rd., Oxford, OH 45056
Field Map: Oxford Community Park Field Map
Information Sheet for Parents: Tournament Weekend Information Sheet
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2019 (Girls Teams Apply Now! | Boys Teams Apply Now!)
2018 Results: Girls Results | Boys Results | Survey Results
Entry Fees: U8 – $300, U9-U10 – $575, U11-U12 – $600, U13-U14 – $650, U15-U16 – $700, U17-U19 – $750
Format: All teams are guaranteed at least 3 scheduled games.
Rules: EPIC Cup tournament rules (teams can have up to 5 guest players)
Team will be required to submit documents via GotSoccer. We expect the list of required documents to shrink based on the implementation of US Soccer Connect (aka, “Stack”), and we’ll update this list when we confirm that. Documents needed:
- Approved Roster (upload a scan or photo)
- Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form (download form, collect signatures, and upload a scan or photo)
- Concussion Awareness Information Sheet (share with your team’s parents, but don’t need to upload)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (Lindsay’s Law) information (share with your team’s parents, but don’t need to upload)
- EPIC Cup Guest Player Roster (if using guest players, download form, complete, upload a scan or photo). We also accept an OSYSA guest player roster.
That’s it! We try to keep things simple and avoid unnecessary paperwork. Your team’s contacts should be in your GotSoccer team information and your coaches should all have current concussion certificates. You will need to bring player passes to each match and for your player’s safety you should have medical release forms for every player as well.
Permission to Travel: The EPIC Cup’s sanctioning body, OSYSA, requires a “permission to travel” form for out of state teams. USSSA, is a member of US Soccer and does not require any “permission to travel” for US Soccer Federation-affiliated teams. All USSSA events are open to all members of USSF including USYSA, US Club, USSSA, SAY, and AYSO.
How to Upload Your Documents to GotSoccer
- Log in to your GotSoccer account
- Select “The EPIC Cup”
- Select the Documents tab
- Upload your files (Approved Roster, Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form, Guest Player Form)
Where to Stay
Hueston Woods Lodge & Cabins: for a great weekend experience in nature
Hotels: Several options are nearby including Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Baymont Inn, and Best Western.
Please use our hotel listing and request form to start the process.
2018 sponsors: 2018-epic-cup-sponsorship-packages
“EPIC” Field Sponsors: LaRosa’s Oxford, Hueston Woods Lodge, Towne Properties, Buffalo Wild Wings, Coerver Academy
Gold Sponsors: Gamco Concrete Forms & Shoring, Wnek Orthodontics, SDS Pizza & Subs, Skipper’s Top Deck
Silver Sponsors: DuBois Bookstore
Food Vendors: Oxford Concessions, East Coast Italian Ices, and more
- Girls Weekend: sign up to referee games the weekend of 5/3-5/5
- Boys Weekend: sign up to referee games the weekend of 5/10-5/12
Referee Hospitality: We’ll have some cool tournament swag as well as a hospitality tent for all referees with plenty of shade, food, and drinks.
Referee Assignor: TBA.
History, Sponsorship Opportunities & Social Media
- Tournament Brochure: the-epic-cup-brochure
- Sponsorship: 2018-epic-cup-sponsorship-packages
- Past participants & results: 2018 Girls Results | 2018 Boys Results | 2017 | (2016)
- A brief history:
The EPIC Cup was started in the spring of 2016 at Seven Hills HS in Cincinnati. 74 teams participated in the inaugural event, which was pretty much the capacity of the facility. 18 winning teams had their name etched onto the #LargestTrophyKnownToMankind.
For 2017, the tournament was moved to near Miami University, at the amazing grass fields of Oxford Community Park, which hosted the largest college soccer showcase in the country until 2016. The parks district, city of Oxford, local businesses, and nearby Hueston Woods Lodge rolled out the red carpet for The EPIC Cup and its 158 teams.
In 2018, the tournament split into a girls weekend and boys weekend in order to keep up with demand and keep all games at Oxford Community Park and hosted 186 teams from over 60 clubs. We’re looking forward to #SettingTheStandard at The EPIC Cup for many years to come.