An Annual Commitment
Parents and players should understand going in that club soccer is an annual commitment (with the exception of high school-aged teams that may only play in the spring). This goes in both directions: from the club to the player and from the player to the club. There are occasionally extreme circumstances that could lead to a player needing to quit mid year, such as a serious injury or a family move a great distance from the club’s training fields, or that could lead to a team needing to drop a player, such as a serious or repeated violation of the club’s code of conduct. It’s important to note that a player leaving a team can have serious negative consequences their teammates, including the possibility that players are left without a team to play on for the remainder of the year.
Mid-Year Voluntary Quit
If a Cincy SC player and their family determines that continuing to play club soccer isn’t in the best interest of the player (such as for academic or social reasons), that’s ok. We would only ask that:
- The player communicate this directly to their coach(es) and then to their teammates.
- The parents ensure that the player’s account is in good standing financially (i.e., all payments due to that point have been completed).
- The player considers donating their uniform to the club (to be used for a replacement player or guest player).
- If U10 or older, the player completes this quit form: BPYSL Player Voluntary Quit Form
Mid-Year Transfer to Another Club
Although Cincy SC firmly believes in the player’s right to choose, the intent is for that choice to be made once per year after careful consideration, not on a whim. Cincy SC discourages mid-year transfers (into or out of our club) for a number of reasons:
- The “I” in Cincy SC’s EPIC core values stands for “integrity” and that includes honoring our commitments. We feel that allowing a player to back out of a commitment “just because” sends the wrong message to our young people.
- A player leaving can have serious negative impacts on their teammates, including the possibility that players are left without a team to play on for the rest of the year, and a team that can’t fulfill tournament or league commitments.
- The club signs contracts and takes on costs on an annual basis for uniforms, player registrations, field rentals, coach compensation, leagues & tournaments, and administrative fees. These don’t go away if a player leaves.
If a player wishes to transfer mid-year, we first ask that the player and family consider the above reasons and perhaps choose to exercise their player’s right to choose during the normal tryout period at the end of May. If the decision is still to request a transfer, we require the following in order to transfer out of Cincy SC:
- The player communicate this decision directly to their coach(es) and then to their teammates.
- The parents ensure that the player’s account is paid in full for the year (note: we may consider waiving the final payment in some circumstances, such as when the player can be fairly easily replaced by a new player).
- The player returns their uniform to the club (to be used for a replacement player or guest player)
- The player completes this transfer form: BPYSL Player Transfer Form